Tasty Tuesday ~ Lemon Raspberry Cake
The other day I had lemon cake mix in my pantry. I didn’t want to make a typical boxed cake, so I decided to change it up a bit. This cake was super easy to make, plus we didn’t have to wait long to indulge! That’s the important part.
This is definitely a great summer dessert you’ll want to share with all your friends. Uh, kind of like I’m doing!
Lemon cake mix (plus the ingredients listed on the box)
Jar of Red Raspberry preserves (I used most of the jar)
Small container of Cool Whip – Whipped Topping
1. Make cake mix according to the instructions on the box. I used two 9″ pans, but you could also use 8″ pans. Make sure you cool thoroughly before assembling.
2. Place the bottom layer on a plate or cake platter. Usually the cake is raised in the middle so you’ll want to take a serrated knife across the top to make it even or a little concaved for the preserves.
3. Spoon the red raspberry preserves over the top of the cake layer you evened out. You’re going to want to add a lot to make it a nice thick layer.
4. When you think you’ve added enough of the preserves, add the second layer of cake on top of the preserves.
5. With a regular knife, begin “frosting” your cake with the whipped topping. Make sure to get it evenly around the top and sides of the entire cake.
6. Place the finished cake in the refrigerator for 15 minutes or more to help the Cool Whip set. Enjoy!
This cake tasted even better the next day!
Tagged as: Lemon Raspberry Cake, Tasty Tuesday
Send Updates To Your Inbox
Powered by wpPlugz.
404 Not Found